This week’s student

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Valentina came from Bogota, Columbia to spend a week in my studio learning new hand engraving techniques. She was originally trained in Italy using old world methods. She did great and was a pleasure to instruct.

I love my job!

Attachments

• ED0DB46A-5B3F-4326-9427-E20BE8A9C7B9.jpeg
    ED0DB46A-5B3F-4326-9427-E20BE8A9C7B9.jpeg
    123.2 KB · Views: 92

Goldjockey

Elite Cafe Member
¡Maravilloso elogio, Valentina! Su trabajo ha sido bendecido por uno de los mejores grabadores y maestros del mundo moderno. No comete errores. A partir de este día, su trabajo es bendecido por el maestro. ¡No puedo esperar a verlo! Felicidades!

highveldt

Elite Cafe Member
Sam;

In regard to Valentina's education of old world engraving methods of standing and using a hammer and chisel( I assume), did she have an opinion of whether she would have preferred to learn engraving using a microscope, sitting and engraving with a pneumatic hand piece?

Steve

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Sam;

In regard to Valentina's education of old world engraving methods of standing and using a hammer and chisel( I assume), did she have an opinion of whether she would have preferred to learn engraving using a microscope, sitting and engraving with a pneumatic hand piece?

Steve
She was anxious to learn with a microscope and handpiece, and was even encouraged by her instructor in Florence. She had only worked with hand pushing and not hammer and chisel. She took to it like a duck to water!

papart1

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
nice...............very nice to both of you!!!!

Latest posts

Sponsors