WANTED! Sponsor(s) for Cafe contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Greetings Cafe members. As I type this we are within a day or two of reaching 900 members. Tira will soon start another milestone contest, and I'm looking for sponsors. The contest will be to guess the date we'll hit 1000 members.

Winners of the last contest received a beautiful print graciously donated by Ron Smith. Do you have something to donate? Examples of prizes could be something you've made or engraved, tools you're not using, artwork, books, gravers, etc. I'm not asking for expensive donations, just something to make the contest interesting and fun.

Any takers?

~Sam

PS: Don't guess dates now. We'll have a special thread for that soon.

Tim Wells

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I have one of those "antique" highly collectible, every engraver should have one on their bench "Buffalo Pad" for transfers.
This is new old stock, not a cheap fake like that VanGogh on the news today. Nope, this in a genuine, guaranteed double rectified, pasturized and homogulated, bonifide original.:D

I'll throw that in the pot.

Sam

Staff member
Wooo! I've always wanted one of those. I hope I win the contest (just kidding). Thanks, Tim!

ED DELORGE

Elite Cafe Member
Hello Sam, and all.

I have an extra copy of R.L. Wilson's Book, Seel Canvas, that I am willing to through in. It is a pretty sweet book, and I would even pay for the shipping.

To one and all I enjoj all of your comments and I learn a lot on this forum. Thanks Again.

Ed DeLorge

sdcoxx

Elite Cafe Member
Sam, I'll donate the 1960 Franklin half dollar which I engraved for Bill's tutorial. Coin is in an airtite with a hardwood display.
Good luck;)
Stephen

Attachments

• bb79 001_edited-1.jpg
    bb79 001_edited-1.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 24

D.DOUGLAS

Elite Cafe Member
Sam, I will donate a new spiderco folding byrd knife. It has an excellent canvas for someone to engrave on. Compliments of Just for you Jewelry D.Douglas

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
i will donate a very used, but still very useful book on healdry. contains many beautiful drawings and a wonderful history of the subject of heraldry.the market value of this book has to be at least 35 or forty cents !

Sam

Staff member
Thanks Monk! That's a very valuable prize, especially for engravers of seals and coats-of-arms.

These are awesome prizes!

pilkguns

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I would donate some stuff, maybe some 11x17 prints of some the Rohner engraved hammer collection or how about I engrave a Mag-lite for the winner with a personal monogram.

Sam

Staff member
Thanks, Scott! They're both great prizes. Let us know which one you decide to go with.

Sam

Staff member
John, I love the gravers you make. Thanks for your contribution! Another first class prize.

Andrew Biggs

Hi Sam

Like Keith I have a small sign shop as well and could print up some Engraver's Cafe bumper stickers with the web address, logo etc. if you could send me the artwork. Maybe 50-100. You could use them for other competitions as well if you like.

Cheers
Andrew

Sam

Staff member
Wow, this contest just keeps getting better. I had no idea there would be so many prizes! Thank you Andrew and Keith. We'll work out the details soon.

Sam

Staff member
Hi Zernike, and THANK YOU for your donation! I've seen some amazing photos done with pinhole cameras, and I'd like to try it myself sometime. A most excellent prize!

I've been to Hong Kong a few times, but not to teach classes. I demonstrated at the HK Watch & Jewelry fair with Wing Wo Hong Co. I think Chris DeCamillis will be there this year, and you could meet him if you have time.

Status
Not open for further replies.