Wasn't sure where to introduce myself (new member)...lots of progress pics

Thanks guys, I didn't realize the process was so foreign over here. I've been doing selective anodizing for years, here's a link to a thread with a ton of pics by me:
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/custom-titanium-anodizing.770502/

The basics are simple, using something as a resist to keep the electrolyte away from areas you don't want to anodize...anything from waterproof tape to enamel will work. On this piece I first masked the silver knot with nail polish then dipped at 12 volts for bronze, masked the second knot then dipped at 26 volts for blue.:)
Is all them patterns from anodizing? If so I never knew you could do that with anodizing. Can you do that with stainless steel and other metals or is it just specific to titanium? I appreciate any info.

Thread starter #42
Is all them patterns from anodizing? If so I never knew you could do that with anodizing. Can you do that with stainless steel and other metals or is it just specific to titanium? I appreciate any info.
Yup, everything in the linked thread is anodized titanium.

You can't anodize stainless steel, only reactive metals like titanium, niobium, etc.

Thread starter #44
Current engraving project...one I'm not exactly happy to be doing, but happy to be able to do. Memorial plaque for family, it will be mounted on a boulder by the lake (Eagle Lake) they always fished. 1/8" 304 stainless, 6"x8".

Sponsors