Welcome Andrew Biggs: New Cafe Moderator

Abigail

Administrator
We are honored to have Andrew Biggs join us at the cafe as our newest moderator.
We are approaching two million page views with no signs of slowing down! We now have 1070 cafe members and Andrew has graciously accepted the position of Cafe Moderator. THANK YOU ANDREW and welcome.
Sincerely,
Abigail and Sam

dclevinger

Elite Cafe Member
Oh now we're really in trouble! That's great news. I think Andrew will do a great job along with Sam and Tira.
David

pilkguns

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
What????? he can't very well speak proper English and you make him moderator? whats the world coming to? First the editor of the FEGA magazine, which if you have;nt seen it, the issue in the mail now iss twice as awesome as the last issue and now Cafe Moderator... thats a great thing for us all

Yeahhhh (bobs head and juts jaw out while smiling) *

* It's a Kiwi thing , like Canadians say "eh" at the end of each sentence.

WDA

Welcome Andrew,

It was nice to meet you and see some of your work first hand. I look forward to seeing you again
soon and learning some of the Down Under techniques that allow one to become so good so fast.

Best regards, Bill A.

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Who's going to moderate him???
:)
Congrats Andrew!
For what it is worth.. The next issue of the Engraver isn't in the mail "yet". The "sneak-peek" issues were available at the Grand Masters and the others will follow soon.

Powderhorn

Elite Cafe Member
WELCOME ANDREW:
Huummm,,,Just a thought, did we let the Fox into the hen house???? After some of the ribsplitting posters that are on here, this could get real interesting.

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Andrew CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Yours truly,
JJ Roberts
School of Artistic Engraving
Manassas, VA

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
Good on ya mate! Congrats.
Now who can we get to moderate the Moderators.??
How about Marty???? Naw......that won't work.
And Miss Abby is for the birds! Ha ha!
That just leaves Sam and Tira to keep order.

John B.

jimzim75

Elite Cafe Member
Hey Andrew,
That's cool, what's the first thing your going to moderate, eh.
Just the written stuff?
Congrats.

Jim

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
So pleased to learn that you have agreed to be Moderator, Andrew!

Thank you for undertaking this important responsibility. I know that John B and I can expect you to rap our knuckles, but only gently, if we start swapping too many jokes about the Scotsman, Englishman, and Irishman in public on this Forum!

Can't think of a better combination of human qualities than you will bring to this job ... good eye, good heart, good humor, good reason, and oh yes, good barbecuer.

Hello, Mary!

yrs aye!

Rod

autumnwinds44

Would this be the same Mr. Biggs that visited our engraving studio at ESU with Shelly this week? What was your opinion of our beloved dungeon? I am still shaking in my boots being among all of you at the Sat. Grand Masters reception,this cedar among the redwoods, I am in awe of you, one and all.

Andrew Biggs

Hi Everyone and thanks for all that.

My apologies for not responding sooner. I don't have a portable laptop and havn't been able to reply to e-mails and forum threads while I've been away at the Grand Masters for the last 10 days.

It was indeed me that came to your dungeon/studio at the Emporia university. You guys are doing some fantastic work there and your whole engraving arts degree programme is incredibly exciting. It was a real pleasure to visit with you. There will be an article in a future FEGA Engraver magazine about what you guys are doing.

OK.........down to the more serious business of being a forum moderator. As soon as I catch up on some much needed sleep and spend a few days getting my head round it with my computer then I can start being somewhat usefull...............It was wonderful meeting Sam, Abigail and Tira at the Grand Masters and I feel quite honoured to be asked to be a part of it. On the more practical side, Tira showed me some of the behind the scenes stuff that goes on and as the old saying goes....."many hands make light work". It's Sam's hard work that has really paved the way to make the forum run smoothly and make it as enjoyable as it is.

Who'll keep me in line???? Well, Tira gave us a really cool demonstration of whip cracking at GRS the other day so she'll have no arguments from me!!!!! :) :) :)

Cheers.....and thanks again

Andrew

Latest posts

Sponsors