Western bright cut, video question.

Jonathan.Silas

Elite Cafe Member
I've been looking into bright cut more and more, and hear Diane Scalese name mentioned again and again. My question is this I've found a training DVD by her on grs for 129$ and another on FEGA for about 40$ . For those that might be in the know what is the difference between these 2?

https://www.grs.com/product/023-093-western-bright-cut-engraving/

http://fega.com/prodserv/VideosSC.asp?recidparam=232

Ide like to take a class in the future, but that's just not a realistic expectation currently. And I'm hoping to make the wisest use of my funds.

Thanks again
Jon

Jonathan.Silas

Elite Cafe Member
I have not seen the one on FEGA. They are usually a presentation from a person in a seminar situation. I would suggest the one from that she produced. I have seen the video and have had two classes with her. The video is very comprehensive and also the CD includes a print out of practice designs.

That's exactly what I was looking for, thank you! I knew that there had to be a significant difference to justify the cost differential. Overall were you pleased with the video? Good production quality and all that?

mvangle

Elite Cafe Member
Jonathan,
As said by others, the FEGA DVDs are videos made during seminars presented at our annual show. Diana's GRS DVD is more of a professional presentation. Thus the cost.

During the seminars we get as much of the presentation detail as possible but it is not what you would call professional produced. There are no second takes, etc.
That being said, there can be issues covered during the seminars and questions by the attendees that may not be on a production DVD. Have yet to watch one that i didn't learn something.

The DVDs run about 1 +/- hour.

They are well worth the price if you don't expect to become an expert by watching them.
I am trying to improve the quality of the DVDs with more camera angles etc. time will tell.
Here are the two DVDs available from FEGA and the disclaimer. Diane Scalese 2006.png
Diane Scalese 2006.png
DVD Disclaimer.png

Attachments

• Diane Scalese 2010.png
    Diane Scalese 2010.png
    36.3 KB · Views: 9

Jonathan.Silas

Elite Cafe Member
Thank you Sir for the information, I hope you dont think I was denigrating your product or efforts that was not my intent. I'll probably amass a collection of several videos over time, I'm just trying to make the best purchase decision with my limited capital.
Again thank you for taking the time to give me the information that a more thorough reading on my own part would have provided.

Jonathan.Silas

Elite Cafe Member
Getting ready to place my order for Dianes video from GRS does anyone know what particular gravers she uses or recommends? If it's one I don't own ide like to bundle it with the video order to save on time and shipping.

Best regards
Jonathan