What do you listen to while engraving?

Abigail

Administrator
Hi Marc,
I think you just named our set list. The group I play music with on the weekends plays every artist you mentioned except Pink Floyd. We also do some Allison Krauss and some other country stuff to keep me happy!
Congrats on your very first post. Well done!:D
Cheers,
Abigail

Bama

Elite Cafe Member
Bluegrass

Bluegrass and Old Time are my favorites. I recently purchased a Martin HD28 LSV a beautiful sounding instrument. I am going to try my hand at leaning to flatpick a few tunes.

I listen to the news and informational broadcasting from National Public Radio. Love hearing them poke fun at President Bush and his cronies. I've been an NPR supporter for about 23 years. Started out while I was a redneck conservative in the Navy. Now I'm a weak-kneed, slack-jawed ****** (to quote Jessie Ventura in Predator).
Aloha,
reb

NPR and science, technology and astronomy podcasts. When I am playing music, it is either jazz or reggae dub, sometimes bluegrass. I prefer the conversations though. Fun thread...

Tim Wells

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Bluegrass and related acoustic music. AKUS, Nashville Bluegrass Band, Isaacs, Sam Bush, Bela Fleck, also old big band era stuff like Andrews Sisters, McGuire Sisters, Billy Holiday...

I ain't old I just have good taste.:D

Weldon47

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Jazz, blues, contemporary Christian, country(Americana format), etc...etc. Recently with the extra hot weather it's been the sound of the fan mixed with the hammer whacking the chisel while me mind is drifting....off into la la land.

Weldon

Steve223

Elite Cafe Member
Dave Stamy,Mike Beck, Ian Tyson,Allison Krauss,Ronda Vincent & the Rage, Any good Cowboy or Blue Grass music,Alternative Country such as,Kelly Willis,Jake Hooker & The Outsiders,Cross Canadian Ragweed
,AC/DC, Van Halen, Fleetwood Mac,Journey, Rush,Cold Play......And the list gos on & on, Theres just to many to name.I will listen to just about anything except rap/hiphop, i just cant make heads or tails of most of that stuff.

Last edited:

ron p. nott

Elite Cafe Member
when I am not listing to my xm channel 78 I do like to listen to oldies from the 50s 60s and 70 s.. ron p.

Tim Wells

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
It blows me away to know how many bluegrass fans there are here. And people used to think of it as hillbilly music...tsk, tsk. In the words of the father his own self: "...it's a pure music you see". -Bill Monroe

nomentalgiant

Elite Cafe Member
Its good to see there are so many bluegrass lovers out there. I knew I wasn't the only one! But when I'm not listening to Jerry Douglas, Tony Rice, Bela Fleck, Alison Krauss, John Hartford and the like, it's the sound of the Australian virtuoso Tommy Emmanuel who I enjoy the most. If you like Guitar music, he is definitely worth checking out. YouTube him and you'll see.
-James

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
sam, that's a term of endearment. she calls me her old man . we celebrated # 40 this july, so sumthin must be right !

Latest posts

Sponsors