working while staying at home

dcurrie911

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks Marty. Your answer implies that your answer would be different for a rifle. I’m worried that the fine line shading will be lost with most gun finishes. BTW I used rustoleum on the fine line shaded side to eliminate the need for best viewing angle.

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Dave Once you blacken the engraving in when you are done it wil look pretty sharp Nice small 357

Dan fine lines in shading will always get lost when you blue a gun If that worries you , try a french grey and blacken it in

While I am engraving I periodically rub in some sharpie ink to see what I am doing It removes real easy with alcohol

graniteguy52

Elite Cafe Member
You guys are keeping me in awe!

I'm just getting back from several weeks with bronchitis - and tried some rose n scroll on a Rocco Chicarilli knife to get back in the swing of things.
I appreciate the "English scroll", but it isn't my "cup of tea".

Keep up the fine work while social distancing (don't we do that the majority of the time?).

1 Rose n scroll.jpg

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
That fine delicate scroll is just what that knife needed.
Bronchitis is not what you need and scary these days Glad you are coming out of it

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
It's not Corona, it's Yuengling. Ok, technically I'm still just drinking my usual one beer/day before dinner. However, I put the empties behind the tires of my 4Runner to flatten 'em when I back out of the garage and lately I've been setting new records for most cans crushed in a trip since there's nowhere to go. My personal best is now 7- all but one tire with two cans behind it. I actually have to tap the gas to get over the recycled aluminum 'chocks'.
QuarantineWork.jpeg

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Big-UN I was thinking of doing a northeast game gun like what yo just said not sure of animals yet but thinking of white tail and moose with maple/oak leaves and may alders for the moose but thats for next year Like to see pictures of that chuck wagon you did
Will start looking through my photo albums for some pictures.

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Will start looking through my photo albums for some pictures.

Thanks While doing my daily walk just before I was contemplating should I add a bear of something else. AHH don't know BUT before that I need to settle on what I am going to engrave on a 45-70 High Wall I keep going back and forth between big game and cowboys Basically need a cowboy break for a while so will most likely try Elk and Mule Deer unless something else rears its head.
At least i havent resorted to running over beer cans

papart1

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
FancyGuns...........are all of you dots/dashes going the same way, one direction please?

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I either try and follow a contour of the figure or whatever seems right at the moment sometimes mixing it up creates a nice texture.
Hope that makes sense.
Like I've said many times, I am just drawing with my graver. Just go with the flow and have fun whats the worse that can happen? You can always run over beer cans

dcurrie911

Elite Cafe Member
Papart1, while many of us struggle to reproduce art, Fancygun, TOS, Lee, Phil and many others on this site create art. Asking them them how they do it is like asking the moon how it creates romance. It just does, and they just do..... sometimes I just sit back and enjoy the view of each.. ( l guess two beer cans is my limit)

Latest posts

Sponsors