2008 Engrave-In June 1-2-3, fun 4 U N me

gail.m

Elite Cafe Member
I'm in too! made reservations yesterday. Really looking forward to meeting you all.
gailm

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Vilts

Not necessarily relevant for this trip, but a pretty good travel tripod is the Cullman Magic. Link to it at B&H (one of the very few trustworthy 'New York Photo Stores') is here.

You'd think the neat thing about it is that it folds down flat for travel (and will fit in standard briefcase - I keep mine in my camera bag). It's not. The neat thing is that you can combine the center post and one leg into a monopod so you get both types of support in one small package. When I'm wearing my vest I've been known to stuff my Cullman in the big pocket across the back in case I need a monopod / tripod unexptectedly.

It has one big disadvantage as a tripod - you pretty much have to extend the center column all the way up. But it's still a lot better than no tripod.

vilts

Elite Cafe Member
Vilts, I think filming is fine, would love to see some stuff on youtube about it. And yes, I have some tripods. Yuo want the old tech aluminum or the high tech carbon fiber one thats engraved?

That's great! YouTube and Vimeo (for HD) are easy to do, I thought even about a DVD - would be great way to recall what happened.

About tripod. As long as it is stable it is good enough. But if it's engraved, then that would been a great boon! :)

Steve, that tripod looks quite good indeed and for video the height wouldn't be that much of a problem. Tho I can't imagine how I could use it for photo work. I'm 6'6" tall, this tripod is only 57". Not that comfortable :)

Last edited:

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Scott,

I was trying to program my Garmin GPS with your address and it can't find Little Trees Ramble nor can I find it in Mapquest. I guess I'll need some help finding your spread.

Roger

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
For those of you going and using a Garmin GPS use this address: 2539 Summerfield Rd., Tracy City, TN 37387. That will direct you to about 100 feet past Scott's driveway or private road which will be on the left as you go.

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Vilts

Yeah, the Cullman Magic is a bit short even with the (potentially vibrating) center column all the way up. That's why I carry a real tripod when I can. But it's better to crouch down, or set your tripod on a table then to not have one.

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
My Garmin does not recognize Little Trees Ramble or show it on the map screen. The address I gave is the closest to the beginning of your street.

Yves Halliburton

Elite Cafe Member
Scott, still working on getting there on Sunday afternoon, but not sure yet. Will be there Monday AM for sure though. Have a truck load of 1/4, 1/2 and 3/4 aluminum and fiberglass nomex honeycomb for ya. This stuff makes great deer stands. OH, I have Tim Wells stuff too.

Ray Cover

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Vilts,

Don't forget to come by my table and get your palm control. :)

Steve is sending it to me to bring to you. I should have it here tomorrow.

See you this weekend.

Ray

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
i apologize to scott, and everyone else as well, for not coming this or last year. it's not that i cant afford to pay for the gas, i simply refuse to line the pockets of those responsible for the absurd rising fuel prices; my wife and i have comitted to driving based on the % of rise in price. if push comes to shove , we will do only for grocery, medical. and drug store. with nonsensical stuff stragically planned in those required trips. i wish a great time for all, scott !

Mike Fennell

Elite Cafe Member
I really wanted to attend and had planned on inviting myself, but find that I must fly the grandchildren to California that weekend.

I'm taking my first class at GRS in July; perhaps someone can let me know what I missed at that time, perhaps show me photos and let me eat my heart out.

Meanwhile I'll work at refining my tools and workbench.

Mike Fennell

vilts

Elite Cafe Member
Absolutely! The first thing I'll do when I enter the Blade is to run as fast as I can to your table and get my package :). I even got the VIP pass so that shortens my waiting time for 2hrs. And then hopefully I get a cance already at the Engrave-In to try it out, man this is exciting...

I'm already here in Atlanta, so the trip went very well. Nothing got lost in airports and even US customs was surprisingly fast. But is the weather here hot or what?

P.S. The iPod Touch is just unbelievably useful gadget. That's the only computer I have with me here and I can even write to forums with it :)

Viljo

Vilts,

Don't forget to come by my table and get your palm control. :)

Steve is sending it to me to bring to you. I should have it here tomorrow.

Ray

jlseymour

Elite Cafe Member
Glad you had a nice trip...
Viljo, Don,t go and buy any CO2 tanks, I will be bringing some just to give you to use or take home...

See ya at the blade...
Jerry