2008 Engrave-In June 1-2-3, fun 4 U N me

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Congratulations, Viljo! I wish I could be there to see you again, but I'll be in Las Vegas at the JCK show. If you can come to Louisiana, Abigail and I will be happy to show you and your wife New Orleans.
Cheers / ~Sam

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Congrats Vilts!

Good thing it's good for multiple years since the ever-indulgent wife and I won't be making BLADE this year :(
But that's due to going to another class, so it balances out. :)

Although if you get to GRS the week after BLADE...

CJ Allan

Elite Cafe Member
Scott,
Hope ya don't mind.....but a good friend of mine that lives up the road..........called to tell me they were leavin for France yesterday morning........but will be back for the Blade show next month....
So I took the liberty of inviting him to your Engrave-In.........before they head back to France for the rest of the summer...

He's a little known knife maker......but if he keeps practicin...he may turn out a decent blade or two...someday.....

He said he hadn't heard of your little party...but is lookin' forward to goin' down, & will make time for it..

He goes by the name of Joe Keeslar from Almo KY.....so if ya want to add his name to the list.....

Like i say....Hope ya don't mind.... :)

pilkguns

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
The SmokeHouse Lodge will be limiting the number of rooms set aside for the Engrave-In, to 10 rooms at the special rate of $65. There are several other hotels/cabins in the area if more rooms are needed.

-Rhonda

lesholmes

Elite Cafe Member
Scott,

I saw your ad on page 26 of THE ENGRAVER Issue 78. Even the computer-challenged engravers should have a chance to join the fun.

Les Holmes

lesholmes

Elite Cafe Member
Hey, Scott,

Do you have an updated list of people I will see at the Engrave-In?

I think I waited too late in life to ever become a good engraver, but I have found the best group of people I have ever known. And, surprising to me, some of the most humorous!

Regards,

Les Holmes

Hi Scott: Count Jack Davenport and Pamela Chesnut in on the engrave in Thanks. Also The Best western Smokehouse lodge still has ten rooms as of today.

Phone number is 800-489-2091

Last edited:

Abigail

Administrator
I hate we have to miss this one Scott. Sam will be at some show somewhere. :confused: I had fun last year and met so many nice people. Ya'll sing one around the campfire for us!:)
Cheers,
Abigail

jlseymour

Elite Cafe Member
Abigail,
Record Sam picking and ??? and you bring it and just use it to fill in or backup...
If you are to bring a full size photo of Sam wait till after sunset OK, During the summer the Sun is so bright Sam needs a hat during the day or wait till the sun goes down some to set him up for the Jam...
Miss,Yall,
Jerry Joan

pilkguns

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Well heck Abby, just cause Sam has to go to some old show somewhere, does'nt mean you can't come have fun with us. I bet if we passed a hat, we could get enough to buy you a plane ticket up here.

thefox

Too old?????!!!!!

Hi Les!
I just had to respond to the "too old" bit. You don't get too old if you are having fun! I have always loved guns, hunted all my life (still do) , admired the beautiful guns I would see in the magazines, but unfortunately I never ever felt I could afford one.....seemed there was just not enough money. Well I bumped into a good friend that I had not seen in 25 years, and of course we eventually got around to gun talk. He showed me some stuff that a man had done for him , and it just about knocked me out! Well needles to say I wound taking a gun over to see about getting it fixed up like I wanted . When I saw what he had to work with, I almost went home! You could carry all his tools in your shirt pocket! He gave me a little demo of how he did it, and I had the fever......bad! With his encouragement I started gathering up a few tools and one day while talking to a GRS rep. I decided to splurge and go to a GRS beginners's class last Sept. which I did, and I certainly enjoyed it. Marty Rabino was the instructor. I,m telling you all of this, because I will be 71 June 22, and am having a ball. At my age I may not attain the level of artistic ability that I would really like, but if you have fun doing it, go for it. I have a bunch of A. H. Fox shotguns, that is my main interest. If I can just get a good design where I can satisfy myself, I'll be a happy man!

See you at the engrave-in! Bryan Clary

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I decided to splurge and go to a GRS beginners's class last Sept. which I did, and I certainly enjoyed it. Marty Rabino was the instructor.

Week of September 17-21 or the one the week before? You can guess which one I was in. ;)
Either way I know you had a good time!

vilts

Elite Cafe Member
Scott, is filming allowed at Engrave-In? :)

I'd like to film as much 'stuff' as I can about the Blade and even more so about Engrave-In. And later, if permitted of course, put some of the videos up on the net too. So people not present could have a slice of that fun pie.

P.S. Do you have a tripod? If yes, could I use it during the Engrave-In? I'm not sure I'd like to lug my own around the world.

pilkguns

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Vilts, I think filming is fine, would love to see some stuff on youtube about it. And yes, I have some tripods. Yuo want the old tech aluminum or the high tech carbon fiber one thats engraved?