Buttonshoe Bill [ Hobo Half ]

Billzach

Elite Cafe Member
All the new carving threads got me carving again, This is the first coin i,ve carved for about 3 weeks...It,s old Buttonshoe Bill on a 1964 kennedy half..I chose to leave the e and r in liberty as original as possible..I,ve been recarving a lot of other coins beside buffalo nickels the last 2 or 3 years to see what subject i could carve on them....

Attachments

• MVC-088F.JPG
    MVC-088F.JPG
    20.7 KB · Views: 180

Mike Cirelli

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Bill nice nickel. I think I know how you get those backgrounds so nice now. You grind the nickel flat then glue everthing on right:)
Good work Bill

coincutter

Elite Cafe Member
Bill you da man when it comes to pretty coins

dont worry i wont tell any one you do it with a cnc laser router under computer control
good to see you carving again
i have a couple in the works and 16 finished sitting here gathering dust
in the process of sticking up a website so playing more with that than the graver

keep cutting
drop me an email
later

Billzach

Elite Cafe Member
Bill you da man when it comes to pretty coins

dont worry i wont tell any one you do it with a cnc laser router under computer control
good to see you carving again
i have a couple in the works and 16 finished sitting here gathering dust
in the process of sticking up a website so playing more with that than the graver

keep cutting
drop me an email
later

Steve
A website has been on my mind for a while, but i,m not sure yet if i want one.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Another flawlessly executed piece of work. Absolutely stunning carving, Bill. You are really setting a quality standard for nickel (and half dollar and silver dollar) carvings. All of us who carve coins should note the precision of your engraving and use it as a benchmark and goal. This is how coin carving should look! / ~Sam

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
A masterpiece as usual. Looks just like it came from the mint that way!

Always pleasure to see your coins Bill.

Peter

Shamey

Beautiful work Bill,
You should have a web site so people that ar interested could go to see more of your work. I am quite certain that there are more than a few people out there that would like to see more of your work and learn more about you and your artwork. It is always a pleasure to see what you are doing. I always enjoy seeing your latest.
For those of you that don't know this, Bill was the first person to contact me when I submitted my first coin to EBay four years ago. We have been in touch since then. Thanks again Bill.
Your friend,
Shamey

JamesO

Buttonshoe

This is simply AWESOME! You are definitely one of those that set the Standard for us (raise the bar).
Do the website that way you can post big big photos of your carvings for us!!!
Jim

Christiaan

Elite Cafe Member
You make money more valuable. Here in Africa people have the ability to turn good money into nothing.

Latest posts

Sponsors