Question: Complain to a non-engraver

sam_g

Mods/Benevolent Dictators -- I don't think this post violates forum rules, but please remove if I'm wrong

Hey folks! I'm not an engraver, but a freelance software engineer. I look for groups of people whose needs aren't being met by big tech companies, in hopes of building apps for them that address their specific problems and annoyances. With that in mind: what are the most annoying/difficult/repetitive things about engraving? What do you spend time on that you wish you didn't have to? Order management, customer management, tool tracking, materials tracking, existing crappy apps or websites you use, rude customers, etc -- I would love to hear about it. I don't have any solutions to offer -- I just want to hear your gripes, whether you're a hobbyist or a pro, an amateur or a master. If it seems like something I can build software to fix, then I might just do that.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
i don't think this violates forum rules. since you are seeking feedback about our particular problems. just be mindful, if you actually wish to sell here, you'll have to post that in the classified section of the forum. to post there, a nominal fee is required to do such.

Si si

Not cutting too deep on my scrolls. Not being able to buy gold and silver in person. When my eye pieces on my microscope fog up when I’m working on a super tiny shade line or some other important cut. Okay I’m done with my rant.

sam_g

Not cutting too deep on my scrolls. Not being able to buy gold and silver in person. When my eye pieces on my microscope fog up when I’m working on a super tiny shade line or some other important cut. Okay I’m done with my rant.

What makes buying metals in person better? Are there features of the metal that you're unable to see from a picture?

Chujybear

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
What makes buying metals in person better? Are there features of the metal that you're unable to see from a picture?
Definitely if it’s plate.. can arrived all scuffed up, or pitted if it is steel.. in person you can examine... if it is gold, it’s a matter of it being in the mail