Correct Parts

Zero

Hello this is my first time buying my own parts for metal engraving. I saw that their was a basic list of where to buy parts. I just want to make Shure that my list will work together and i wont have to buy more parts later due to them being incompatible with each other. Or if im buying stuff that is no good for me due to just starting out.

California Air compressor
Graver Smith
QC 901 Handpiece
Standard Block
GraverHone Sharpening system
Engravers mixed graver Kit
And OptiVisor#5

All info will be very helpful!

Sinterklaas

Elite Cafe Member
I think you need some hose to go from compressor to Graver Smith.

Does the GraverHone come with the Angle thingy? If not you pretty much need something to get the right angles.

If you dont have a microscope I would not buy the Hone but get a good scope. And use an other method of sharpening. But that is personal.

As for the mixed graves if they fit the grs collets then your good. Or you need to grind them down to fit.
For beginner its better to use only 1 or maybe 2 different kind of graver. And get used to them before trying different angles and shapes. Best to get your technique right first.

You can always contact GRS they will help you get started/set up.

Zero

I think you need some hose to go from compressor to Graver Smith.

Does the GraverHone come with the Angle thingy? If not you pretty much need something to get the right angles.

If you dont have a microscope I would not buy the Hone but get a good scope. And use an other method of sharpening. But that is personal.

As for the mixed graves if they fit the grs collets then your good. Or you need to grind them down to fit.
For beginner its better to use only 1 or maybe 2 different kind of graver. And get used to them before trying different angles and shapes. Best to get your technique right first.

You can always contact GRS they will help you get started/set up.
Thank you for the info! and sorry for the late reply

Latest posts

Sponsors