Announcement: Diffused LED ring light - New release.

Leonardo

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Thread starter #21
Whenever you want Monk, I will be happy to answer your questions!

It was really a funny comment... I am still laughing! But seriously, the problem is not in the ring light. I am sure that it can receive many whacks without affecting its performance but I would be concerned about the delicate optics of the microscope.

Leonardo

Thread starter #23
Hey Joacim.... thank's to you!
I appreciate your feedback very much.
Hope you are very well and safe.
All the best to you and yours,
Leonardo

monk

Staff member
my light got here on thursday. much quicker than i anticipated. sadly, a foot injury has ne sidelined for another day or so. when i can reduce the elevation to just now and then, i'll give the light its' new home. tyvm, leonardo.

monk

Staff member
i finally got off the couch. the light is quality from the start. i have to modify my scope a bit for a good fit. i ihad o remove the .5 lens and shave just a tiny bit off the side of the lower lens housing for a good fit. works great, illuminates even better.

Leonardo, will you please send me a PM with the price and the ordering instructions. I'm aware of the delay due to the pandemic but I would also like some idea as to when they will be available again.

Leonardo

Thread starter #30
Dear engravers friends,

I want to thank you all for your interest in the ring light, it is really much appreciated but

PLEASE, DO NOT fill up this thread asking me for commercial information.

I would like to reserve this thread to share information on LED lights, receive feedback, critics, etc. that might be useful for everybody.

If you want to contact me, just send a PM. I will be glad of answering all your questions and to give you the info you are needing.

Thank you for your understanding and best regards,
Leonardo

monk

Staff member
I have been using one of Leonardos lights since 2016 and what I really appreciate, in addition to the lighting, is that the mounting hole is large enough to slip fully up to the body of my scope. The stock light that comes with the Leica won't attach up next to the scope body once you affix a reducing lens, the hole is too small, so it hangs down lower and reduces work clearance. Leonardos light slides right up next to the scope body and gives additional clearance, which is really a benefit. Plus it is metal so if I accidentally hit the housing with my hammer it's not too detrimental.
the leica i have doesn't have that problem. i had to "shave a couple of sharp corners a bit after removing the .5 lens. the light will not interfere wit the working distance on my scope. btw, i found out 5 minute epoxy, even when well stirred takes about 48 hours to fully cure !

monk

Staff member
the light works better than i had anticipated. not so much the brightness, but the rather "warm" or natural looking light is faar easier on my eyes. beats the heck out of my homemade lighting setup. i never much thought of glare, until now that it is gone !

Latest posts

Sponsors