GRS Acrobat Microscope Stand ---or--- Ebay Chinese knockoff????????

RA40

That's a challenge when trying to get as much bang:$ when getting set-up. When I was setting up shop for making knives my peers had a progression of gear working the way up to the Burr King, Wilton or Bader grinders. All pretty big $ that a couple hundred at that level wasn't significant. OTOH the capability for the belts to track smoothly was a big point not seen in lesser machines. Same for the drill presses was their ability to drill a perpendicular hole that didn't have excessive chuck runout.

Ergonomics are a big factor so having a stable platform with the range of adjustability required is well worth to not have neck pain or eye strain issues. Sometimes one doesn't realize any potential problems till using them though. Following what is popular has a reason so that becomes a matterr of timing when quality gear comes up for sale.

andydav

Chinese tool is a total consumer fraud. they promise full functionality and in fact it is a piece of metal that is not capable of doing anything

Last edited:

Jonathan.Silas

Elite Cafe Member
I made the mistake when I bought my ball vice, it looked just like the grs and even had an instruction sheet that had grs name on it. But its not anywhere near the quality. The holes aren't reamed out evenly and the holding fixtures dont fit in right.. I thought I had really gotten a deal but all I did was waste my money. It works well enough to limp along but a real one is top of my buy list.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
If you like the Acrobat, fine.
But there are many other fine American made microscope stands.
Try some before you buy!

pt barnum once spoke of that sort of thing. somethin like, " there's one born every minute " !! grs, if yer not happy, will repair, replace, or refund. try that with the china knockoffs !

Louisklein

I really liked the amscope for the money but actually I’ve only ever tried 2 scopes lol

Latest posts

Sponsors