Guilloché, "classic" and English Fine Scroll engraved by Artesà machine.

Leonardo

Elite Cafe Member
Hi all!

Just want to show you some watch parts samples engraved with my machine.
The rotor's brass part radius is 10 mm. The watch's back is 316L SS.

I added a better picture of the bridge I showed in other thread. It's diameter is 36 mm.

Hope you like them!
Leonardo

Attachments

• Watch_bridge.jpg
    Watch_bridge.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 649
  • Rotor_both.jpg
    Rotor_both.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 659
  • Watch_back_J.jpg
    Watch_back_J.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 641
  • Rotor_sunburst.jpg
    Rotor_sunburst.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 641
  • Rotor_Rosette.jpg
    Rotor_Rosette.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 625

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Leonardo! That's fantastic! It all looks good, especially the guilloché. Wow!! :clapping: :happyvise:

Leonardo

Elite Cafe Member
Thank you Sam! Much appreciated!

I like the Sunburst a lot... It is 0.06mm depth in general but with one at 0.09mm every 5 of them. 120º tool.

Leonardo

Last edited:

Leonardo

Elite Cafe Member
Yes Sam, I know about it. (We was talking about this some time ago....)
I am using SecuriDesing that is a plug-in for CorelDRAW.

Tim Wells

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
It's a good thing I can't afford one of those antique rose engine lathes because I'd Guilloche the hell out of everything I could get my hands on. Coolest invention ever!

Jshapco2

Beautiful work. Incredible that you can emulate a rose engine so well. I have a rose engine from Le Locle Switzerland and a Kenlock Straight line Engine.

Last edited:

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
the ability to do guilloché is a game-changer! spectacular, Leonardo!

Leonardo

Elite Cafe Member
Hi again!

Thank you everyone for the kind words and the "likes"! A pat on the back feels really good when you are having hard times... :)

Jshapco2, actually what the machine do is achieving similar results in other way. The rosettes are replaced by software or, to better say, by graphic artworks. What the Artesà machine really emulates is the hand engraving.

Hey Richard, no Uruguayan around here... although I would have loved having some help with all this!

Cheers!
Leonardo

Last edited:

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Every example you post just keeps getting better and better! :thumbsup:

Lovely work.

The sunburst is quite interesting to me. It's beautifully cut and absolutely perfect. But I think that perfection is actually a tiny flaw. It's often been said (both here and elsewhere) that it's the tiny flaws in the best hand work that gives it character and life. I think with your wonderous machine we can finally see if that's true.

I'm really looking forward to your machine moving out into the world - it will not only make it a more beautiful place, it will make people want fine engraving again.

(For those who may be worried about the competition, the key thing to remember is that Leonardo's lovely machine is almost entirely going to be used to cut many copies of the same designs - bulk production work. The people who want their own special design will still come to folks like us.)

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
leonardo: beautiful design stuff you showed there. did you design the software to make your machine do this ?

RDP

Elite Cafe Member
Hi again!

Hey Richard, no Uruguayan around here... although I would have loved having some help with all this!

Cheers!
Leonardo

I would have loved to have been involved in such an invention, but I would have only slowed you down:eek:, you have done this on your own and deserve all the credit, congratulations Leonardo, :clapping::tiphat:

un fuerte abraso

Richard.

Leonardo

Elite Cafe Member
Steve, thank you!

Just would like to comment that the "perfection" in a Guilloché is a must because the light reflections will enhance any mistake in the cuts.

In the case of the other techniques, you can "introduce" those tiny flaws in the drawing if you want... :)

All the best,
Leonardo

Last edited:

Leonardo

Elite Cafe Member
leonardo: beautiful design stuff you showed there. did you design the software to make your machine do this ?

Thank you Monk!

Regarding the software, yes, I developed the CAM software that drives the Artesà machine. You just need to draw what you want to engrave in a CorelDRAW (or any other vector software) and then send the job through the Artesa-NC CAM software to the machine.

Leonardo

Last edited: