Just finished

Phil Coggan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
This is the gun I mentioned in my last post.
Number two will be started tomorrow and should take about 5/6 months.
For the gun people out there, it's a 12g. O/U, Not a double rifle!
(Deleted)
Phil

Last edited:

dclevinger

Elite Cafe Member
Phil, that is absolutely wonderful. Thanks for clarifying that it's a shotgun. I don't think I've ever seen dangerous game done on a 12 gauge. Did you put a Cape Buffalo on it as well? Having the "Big 5" on a shotgun would really make for a unique piece. Thank you so much for showing it to us.

David

ED DELORGE

Elite Cafe Member
Phil, this is amazing, do you think you will be teaching at the GRS School any time in the future? If so, I want to sign up. I would love to learn your technique.

Ed

Mike Cirelli

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Another beauty Phill. After seeing your other post, I had to do some experimenting with scroll sculpting. What I had come up with as far as the basic steps of the cutting process was; cut outline with a square graver, remove the background and apply texture, then lastly sculpt the scroll . This is not to make it sound simple because it's far from that. I was just trying to figure out the basic steps not every little tweak in between. That's what worked for me, am I close.
You got a ton of time into a job like this don't you.
Thanks for posting. It's always enjoyable looking at your work.

Steve Adams

Elite Cafe Member
Phil,
We don't know each other, but I really admire your work. I must say, it inspires me to have a go at gun and knife engraving. I enjoy work by many of the artists here, by this type of relief is more understandable to me. Steve Adams

Tira

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks for posting Phil - it's beautiful! Would you consider posting pictures of gun #2 as you do it - maybe one every week or so? That way we could get a great look at the process you go through to create such a wonderful work of art. Thanks again for taking the time to share with the group at the cafe! :)

Ken Hurst

Elite Cafe Member
I've run out of adjectives for high praise ---- besides, everyone else has said it all before. I still stand in awe. Congrats Mr. Phil. Ken

Phil Coggan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Mike,
You've got it.......easy in it :D

Ed,
I was asked by GRS a while ago, but i'm sorry I won't be taking it on.

Phil

Doc Mark

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Phil,

I second Tira's motion! I know it would be a bit of a pain to take the time to photograph your daily progress, but it would be a phenomenal learning experience for all of us mortals!!! A weekly posting would be great. Who knows, a technique book could be in the future.

Thanks for sharing,

Mark

Mark

Mike Cirelli

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Ya Phil real easy HA HA Ha. I don't think this style could be accomplished on a stainless Ruger though.