Leaf script drawing

blrigsby

This is an interesting thread. I've been carrying Ron's books around with me everywhere I go, with a copy Sam's "Drawing Leaf Script" tutorial I printed off a month or so ago tucked inside. I am just starting out, and am drawing more that I'm cutting right now. You guys are a great help.

I would love a detailed book on lettering. When I tell people I'm learning to engrave, the first thing they say is they have something that needs to be engraved with a name or initials. But I'm afraid to touch anything of value just yet.

Put my name on the list for the book!

Bryan

Andrew Biggs

Hi Bryan

If you would like detailed books on lettering. Things like layout,spacing etc. then buy a "Speedball" book. They make the nibs for calligraphy work. All the basics are covered fully. The books are aimed at the calligraphy/hand lettering market using brush and pen. They are also very cheap.

If you scour through a few old second hand book stores you'll probabley find some older editions with some beautiful old styles in them. These were printed in an age when most lettering was done by hand and before computers were around.

Cheers
Andrew

Latest posts

Sponsors