major coin event

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
mr ellsworth has created a tutorial on coin carving that is beyond belief. i'm sure it would be of interest to those who don't carve coins. for those wanting to learn workin on coins, steve has opened the gates to coin carving university! the professor is first rate.i'm not sure if i'm allowed to say that he is on lindsays' forum, so i'm not going to mention it.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Monk: The Cafe hosts two links to Lindsay's forum, so you're obviously not prohibited from mentioning something there.

I just checked out Steve Ellsworth's tutorial and I have one correction to make. He refers to the Cafe as a "GRS Igraver forum" which untrue. I do all the webmastering and tutorials on iGraver in my spare time because I believe in sharing knowledge and seeing the engraving community grow. Abigail and I pay for the site and Cafe hostings out of our own pockets, and Tira Mitchell graciously helps keep things running smoothly (payment for Tira's 6 months of service has been 2 lapel pins). No one pays me anything and I don't ask for contributions. So to set the record straight, iGraver.com and The Engraver's Cafe are 100% funded by Sam & Abigail Alfano. This is our baby and we love it. Discussions are open and unrestricted as long as they are within the Forum Rules & Guidelines.

Cheers / ~Sam

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
Monk: The Cafe hosts two links to Lindsay's forum, so you're obviously not prohibited from mentioning something there.

I just checked out Steve Ellsworth's tutorial and I have one correction to make. He refers to the Cafe as a "GRS Igraver forum" which untrue. I do all the webmastering and tutorials on iGraver in my spare time because I believe in sharing knowledge and seeing the engraving community grow. Abigail and I pay for the site and Cafe hostings out of our own pockets, and Tira Mitchell graciously helps keep things running smoothly (payment for Tira's 6 months of service has been 2 lapel pins). No one pays me anything and I don't ask for contributions. So to set the record straight, iGraver.com and The Engraver's Cafe are 100% funded by Sam & Abigail Alfano. This is our baby and we love it. Discussions are open and unrestricted as long as they are within the Forum Rules & Guidelines.

Cheers / ~Sam
ok, thanks. i'm just not up to speed on the political scene here. all you folks are super people in my book. i pray never to offend anyone.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
ok, thanks. i'm just not up to speed on the political scene here.

Monk: I'll be happy to get you up to speed on the Cafe's political scene. There is none.
We really work to keep it that way. No offense taken, Monk.

Coincutter: Thanks for making the correction.

All the best / ~Sam

jacques herbst

Elite Cafe Member
your baby is growing up nicely Sam and Abigail.:D the coin tutorial is great and so well put together thumbs up to Steve Ellsworth for all the effort and if you go look you will see what i mean.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Sponsors