My new antique engraving vise

Gordon

you pay for the shipping and ill do it for free just to see how she'll look ,It's not a big job.If you want to take the Ferry over its a lot faster and we can do it together if you want, couple hours of work,no biggie.
Thanks for your very kind offer, Ed. If I can crave out a day to jump on the Port Jeff ferry, , I would love to take you up on your offer! I also would love to see plating and how it's done in person.

edgrabow15

Elite Cafe Member
p.s. If you any info, ... I'd love to know more about Steinman Jenks and Steinman
I think it would be fun, Im gonna need about a month though to free up a day,I have my Boats going in the water for the season soon and were putting all our extra time into them to make sure that they're ready,Do you like fishing, If you do, We could probably squeeze in a little at the same time, My boats docked right in my back yard. What I would ask you to do is strip the finish off the vise thats already on it and sand ? Polish it to the texture that you want it to be when its done, as you know The plating is only Microns thick and if its a rough finish B4 it will wind up plated with a rough finish. If its a nice smooth polished finish the same will be with the plating at the end, Im sure just a good smooth sanding will do great , It will save a lot of time and mess when you come over. Send me a message in about 3 weeks if you dont hear from me 1st and we'll set a day and time,This is of course it's alright with you that we wait that long. It's the best I can do, Sorry. Hope to make this happen, Ed

Latest posts

Sponsors