My point of view and where I'm coming from...

Billzach

Elite Cafe Member
Jason
While your work puts you into a elite group of engravers and I always look foward to your posts, I admire you most for the way you present yourself, as I,ve followed your posts and comments you always seem to have a good word to say about other people, you set a good example for others to follow..

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Jason,

Thanks for your willingness to expose your early practice attempts.

A couple of years ago, on the other forum, I posted a picture of my first practice plate and asked that other experienced engravers do the same to show the beginners where we started. My brother told me that nobody else will be willing to expose their beginnings like that (including himself). He said that most top engravers want people to believe they were born with some special gift. I don't know if he is right but nobody but beginners posted any pictures on that thread.

Thanks for being so bold and for the inspiration this thread will provide to many seeking improvement.

Roger

Bama

Elite Cafe Member
Jason it is your desire that has made the difference in your work plus you had undeveloped talant waiting to be released. I truely belive that if a person wants it bad enough they will make it happed and it is very obvious that you wanted it.

Your post has given me a new insight on the time I spend at the bench and I will put forth more effort in getting all I can from the time spent.

Thank you

BES

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks you, for your first works!

Hi Jason,
Thanks you, for your first works!
Roger Bleile has told, the truth!
I wrote it in other post!

Those who has reached Big heights,
Will not want to show
«The first works»!
They do not want, to recollect that pain!
Those sufferings of soul,
When they understood
That their work is not perfect!
They Have thrown out this time from the life!

You have made the big business!

You have shown, to beginners,
That they can reach,
If will not curtail from the chosen way!

Thanks for your courageous act!
Let there will be to you a happiness!
Eric S. Brezhitsky

Paulie

Elite Cafe Member
:tiphat: Thank you very, very much for posting that honest, encouraging thread, Jason !! Your personal attitude that concerns 'the secrets' of the engraving art is the best imaginable to us beginners :thumbs up:!! It seems completely logical to me that you've been working years & very hard to achieve the level that your work has today! Of course, there's some personal talent involved, but most important is the courage to learn and practise the beloved medium as much as possible. It makes sense in all kinds of other fields too, I guess. My sincere congratulations to you, Jason, I'm looking forward to show some first attempts myself. :beerchug: Paulie

jfava

Thank you all and your all very very welcome. I'm happy a few found it helpful!

:tiphat:

Latest posts

Sponsors