New engraving book

Rick Eaton

Elite Cafe Member
While at the Milan Italy knife show a couple of weeks ago I had the great opportunity to meet Gianfranco Pedersoli and Torcoli, he said through a translater that the book would be at the Safari Gun show in Reno. I don't know if he will be there or not, neither him of Torcoli spoke much english so it was hard to comunicate much. My translater only knew a little Italian as well, so comunicating was limited, but knowing his work I will be as quick to buy this book as I was to get Winston Churchills book. This should be a great book if it is anything like his engraving.
Rick

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Just received my copy of "Gianfranco Pedersoli Master Engraver" yesterday from Amazon. It was quite a surprise to receive a nice hard cover book as I thought it was listed as a soft cover.

I can only marvel at the unbelievable talent displayed in the book. It is very well designed and shows his tools and provides insight into his backround. His artistic ability is even more impressive than his engraving skills! Each piece is truly a "masterpiece".

Peter

mdengraver

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
The book

I also got my Pedersoli hardbound book yesterday from Amazon. I was pleasantly surprised also that it was hardbound. I've only just begun to go thru it and it's a quality book with wonderful pictures of Pedersoli's work, discussion about his upbringing and influences as well. It needs to be added to the engraving booklist if it hasn't been added yet.

Last edited:

vilts

Elite Cafe Member
You lucky guys. Yesterday Amazon noticed me that it was sent out. It means exactly one more month of waiting.... Hopt it's worth the while.

jlseymour

Elite Cafe Member
It would be great if Gianfranco Pedersoli and Torcoli would be at Reno...
I should have my book in a few days... Been awhile...
Jerry

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Mine came yesterday, and I spent an hour with the book and a sketchpad. I love his bulino, and credit him as one of the greatest ornamental artists there is. This book should be in every engraver's library.

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Got my book today and spent way too much time reading it and drooling over his fantastic work. He is a true artist and his works show emotion, something very hard to convey, especially in steel.

What impressed me with this book is the fact that the publisher stated this is the first in a planned series to introduce engraving to the public as an art form, something that has been needed for quite a few years now, and much more so now that we have some very talented engravers coming onto the scene. I'm looking forward to collecting the series and studying the heralded Grand Masters of this fine and demanding medium. My library is starting to look pretty good now.

From my previous post, it was not Pedersoli that signed his name on the front of a pistol, but someone with a similar name, whom I must research further.

You lucky guys. Yesterday Amazon noticed me that it was sent out. It means exactly one more month of waiting.... Hopt it's worth the while.

Yow Viljo,

Sorry to hear that mate :eek: ...don't worry the book is worth while! :)

I ordered mine on the 10th Dec. (FEGA) and got it last week the 4th of Jan.

Great pictures and like Peter E said... each piece is truly a "masterpiece".

Metalman

Vilts, you will love it, mine came yesterday and I spent 3 hours enjoying it. I know there will be many more hours to come. Thank you for pointing it out. I ordered it right after you posted. It is worth while!

jlseymour

Elite Cafe Member
I got mine yesterday and I'm going to order another for my grandson that has showed an interest in engraving from Scotts engrave-in using Steve's PC that Ray Cover had setup...
What art in engraving and fantastic study, oh to go there!!!
Jerry

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Mike P, I think you are correct, I believe it was Francolini.

Last edited:

vilts

Elite Cafe Member
Finally!

Well, it seems that I was the first to order and last to get it. But yes, today was the lucky day when I finally got it. After first quick flip though it I must say WOW. Such a great book and definitely a source for information and inspiration for engravings to come. Pedersoli is now definitely a master engraver in my book too (not that he wasn't before, of course).

Santo

Elite Cafe Member
I ordered one imideately after vilts put it on the forum. This is an amazing book. The photos are excelent and close up. It's like having a lesson with Pedersoli himself. I have been in it everyday since I got it. Like I said in another thread -- it sounds like this is the first in a series. What a treat.

S~

Latest posts

Sponsors