Announcement: New PULSEGRAVER announcement

707chrisa

I hope they do a retro fit for the 120 volt ones like I have . Should not be to hard to do just did not want to void my warranty. Jr election lets all the magic smoke out of the box, would be too sad for words ( may be a few four letter words ) . LoL No Tira I did not do this ;-P But hint hint it would be rely nice if you do do this for the 120 volt ones .Thanks

AllenClapp

Elite Cafe Member
I hope they do a retro fit for the 120 volt ones like I have . Should not be to hard to do just did not want to void my warranty. Jr election lets all the magic smoke out of the box, would be too sad for words ( may be a few four letter words ) . LoL No Tira I did not do this ;-P But hint hint it would be rely nice if you do do this for the 120 volt ones .Thanks
If I understand what I see and hear on the video correctly, the TOPOFF converts the battery voltage to 120V (and others, like USB) and can be used for any 120V application of 175 watts or less. Did I miss something?

Memorymaker

Elite Cafe Member
Please see the video again ……… it’s for ALL of them. You just have to get 18v batteries and the inverter That will make it power at 110v.

Memorymaker

Elite Cafe Member
If I understand what I see and hear on the video correctly, the TOPOFF converts the battery voltage to 120V (and others, like USB) and can be used for any 120V application of 175 watts or less. Did I miss something?
You got it right. It works well because the PULSEGRAVER is fully electronic and only uses electronic pulses when you are engraving and for the display. That is why you can get many hours with even the smallest amp 18v battery.

707chrisa

Ok I think this is really good stuff I will look a the video. I could not get it to play on my phone . Looks like I will be buying more Milwaukee tools I need a new impact driver soon any way. Thanks guys.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
Amazing how far battery technology has come.
yes. quite a few chevy volts have been called back for the second time. seems it's not a good thing to park them inside, flames and such. fortunately the batteries tira suggests are somewhat if not totally reliable.

Memorymaker

Elite Cafe Member
yes. quite a few chevy volts have been called back for the second time. seems it's not a good thing to park them inside, flames and such. fortunately the batteries tira suggests are somewhat if not totally reliable.
That’s Chevy ………. I’m on my second Toyota Hybrid and they have no recalls because of batteries and I love it. However, the fire depts have a hard time figuring how to handle an electric car fire that sometimes occurs from traffic accidents.

DKanger

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
the fire depts have a hard time figuring how to handle an electric car fire that sometimes occurs from traffic accidents.
Whatever they figure out, I wouldn't want to be around. I was burning leaves and my cell phone fell into the fire. It exploded and sent bits of debris in all directions. Exploding electric car batteries would be like a nuclear bomb going off.

Memorymaker

Elite Cafe Member
I got mine yesterday as a birthday gift. All I can say is this is GREAT !!! …….I LOVE IT !!!!! …….. makes the PULSEGRAVER TOTALLY PORTABLE ………. Now I can use it anywhere. GAMECHANGER !!!!.

Memorymaker

Elite Cafe Member
Whatever they figure out, I wouldn't want to be around. I was burning leaves and my cell phone fell into the fire. It exploded and sent bits of debris in all directions. Exploding electric car batteries would be like a nuclear bomb going off.
Haven’t seen any reports of any cars explode yet …….. but this is about the Pulsegraver new thing and not about batteries.

Memorymaker

Elite Cafe Member
I think there may be others but I don’t know for sure. I do know the Milwaukee does. I think it has to be at least 18v and needs the inverter strong enough to power 110v tools/computers etc. Call Tira …… she has more info.

silverchip

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I Believe it is, the battery pac has a 120 plug outlet on it.

707chrisa

I Believe it is, the battery pac has a 120 plug outlet on it.
Ya I am a bit slow some times . But truth be told I had hoped they had come up with a battery only set up. But as it uses pulsed DC current this is the best set up . The whole thing is about the size of a six pack and you can use it for your tools too. Again I think this is a good way to go .

Memorymaker

Elite Cafe Member
NP bro …….. We all don’t understand or misread things at times. I totally agree that using available battery packs/equipment is actually a better idea because it can be used for other tools when you aren’t engraving.

Sponsors