Pierced end engraved Ring

Dmitriy Pavlov

Elite Cafe Member
Good morning everyone.
Here is a shot of my ring. This was pierced end engraved (include basils) from a solid strip of 18K Palladium White Gold. Please tell me what you think.

Attachments

• R5.jpg
    R5.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 279

Andrew Biggs

Hi Dmitriy.

I don't know anything about jewellery, but that ring is absolutley beautiful

A very fine piece of work that has some very stylish cuts in it.

Cheers
Andrew

WDA

Hello Dmitriy,

Beautifully done. Very pleasing design and wonderful craftmanship.
Thanks for posting.

Bill

lesholmes

Elite Cafe Member
The ring is beautifuly designed and executed. My jewelery background prompts me to ask what the stones are?

Regards,

Les Holmes

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
That's a stunning ring. I'd love to know more about how you carved and polished it so beautifully.
Quadruple-bravos!

Dmitriy Pavlov

Elite Cafe Member
That's a stunning ring. I'd love to know more about how you carved and polished it so beautifully.
Quadruple-bravos!

Hi Sam. I am honored to hear that from you. I have a few tricks of my own on how to shape my own onglette gravers. If you are interested, I can put up some photos.

Thanks again!

P.S. I'm sorry, but I was not able to uploade the pictures of how I do it to this message, so I will put them in a new thread.

PS_Bond

Elite Cafe Member
I'd love to see the modified onglettes - I've been using a couple which have had one side removed (one left hand, the other right hand) for bright cutting bezel walls. Wasn't too sure how I'd get along with them, so I made them up with some extremely cheap Indian gravers; they're a bit softer than I'd like, but since I'm only cutting soft metals it's not too bad.

Dmitriy Pavlov

Elite Cafe Member
I'd love to see the modified onglettes - I've been using a couple which have had one side removed (one left hand, the other right hand) for bright cutting bezel walls. Wasn't too sure how I'd get along with them, so I made them up with some extremely cheap Indian gravers; they're a bit softer than I'd like, but since I'm only cutting soft metals it's not too bad.

Hi, Peter
I'll make today a couple photos from reshaped onglettes and show are in a new thred

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Dmitriy,

This is a stunning piece of work, and thank you for posting it!

Without compromising any special approaches you might prefer to remain private, would you be wiling to walk us through your approach?

best

Rod

Dmitriy Pavlov

Elite Cafe Member
Dmitriy,

This is a stunning piece of work, and thank you for posting it!

Without compromising any special approaches you might prefer to remain private, would you be wiling to walk us through your approach?

best

Rod

Thank you Rod. I have a step by step walk through on a similar ring in a different thread. Today, I will post the shape of the graver that I use. I will also soon make a tutorial for a bright cut.

Latest posts

Sponsors