Polishing ???

rayf24

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Guy's
Would like to know if any one is using an rotory air tool 1/8 shanks for polishing ie small back ground areas on the likes of hobo nickles etc the reason for this question I did my first hobo nickel and sam pointed out it should be polished back ground so how do others do it and what tools are used please any pointer we be more than welcome.
regards
ray

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
I do it by hand with stones. A rotary tool will certainly ruin the nickel by rounding off detail, etc. unless you have a way to control it a lot better than I can control mine.

Billzach

Elite Cafe Member
I only use hand push flat graver, sanding sticks and stones, then pencil blast and add black ink, but we all have different ways to get desired look.

rayf24

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks for those tips I will give it a go and try to improve that nickel as above use it as my test bed.

ray

mrthe

for polish i use micro ceramic stones 0,5 mm wide 180 grit and 1200 you can buy it from christian DeCamillis Store

mrthe

yes Andrew you are right , but Ray live in europe like me the minimum shipping costs are for fedex and are 50$ for me execive for stones that costs 5 each and his weight is less than 0,10 gr Christian offer very cheap international shipping costs

Latest posts

Sponsors