Procreate critique request

Matthew Evans

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks for taking a look! This will be darkened once I find the lines that I am looking for, but I am looking for some honest feedback into any corrections or what would really get this design going in the right direction. This will be engraved on a standard zippo (gravermeister, 901, no scope, good sharpening with 105) 3.PNG

Last edited:

Jonathan.Silas

Elite Cafe Member
Mr Mattymo

Im not familiar with your drawing program, but on the printer side, find the button that says properties, check the box that says print actual size, then go to print preview and make sure it looks right. A lot of times for images the printer defaults to "expand to fit" and that will make your image to big.
Depending on your printer model the wording might be different, but it should get you in the right ball park.

Best of luck.

Jon

mdengraver

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
In Photoshop Elements if you use the zoom in or zoom out command and save the image under a different file name you will have your newly sized image!

handengraver

Elite Cafe Member
This is a beautiful design. My only worry would be about reducing it to fit a Zippo.
Possibly many lines of the pattern become impossible to follow, and elaborate parts of the design could be lost at that size, parallel running cuts with tiny spaces between could be too challenging to execute. It might be necessary to simplify the design before transferring it on the lighter. BTW is it a sterling silver Zippo? I wish You best of luck for this task.

Matthew Evans

Elite Cafe Member
In Photoshop Elements if you use the zoom in or zoom out command and save the image under a different file name you will have your newly sized image!
Just downloaded the trial for photoshop, im going to take a look at some other programs too, but it looks like the best solution to get the job done. Thank you =)

Latest posts

Sponsors