Rod has enlarged his FEGA Reno slide show.

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Here again is the link:

http://picasaweb.google.com/rodcameron2/

I have now doubled the number, and soon I will prune and rearrange the photos for better effect.

Let me repeat, this slideshow is not fair, and I apologize to those who are not represented, I did not get round all the tables ( I never do), especially so this year, as I managed to create yet another attention grabbing situation, and ended up spending a bit of time in the local hospital...details later, if you are interested. Suffice to say that Tira, Katherine Plumer, John Gunn, and in fact everyone was most supportive in time of need. As an indication of how well I am feeling as of today, on the way home last night I played a gig in a club in Nevada City, and it was well received.

A huge thank you to colleagues, and y'all know who you are!

Rod

Ed Westerly

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Very cool Rod!! Thanks for including me in the slide show. Could I get a copy of the pic with me behind my table? my picture of my table didn't turn out as good as yours!

Thanks

mtgraver

Elite Cafe Member
Rod,
I'm happy that you're on the mend and playing away. Sounds like there could be a story around this but I won't be too nosy. lol Thanks so much for the wonderful photos, when one can't attend any photo is welcome. I also would like to attend the meeting one of these days.
Mark

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Many thanks, Guys!

Ed, right on the picasa site you will see a download button so you may download any photo.

My wife, Kathleen, flew out to join me in Reno but only got to see John B and Andrew on Tuesday morning. She got to have a look at our Golden Nugget situation.

Now we are safe home on the Coast in Mendocino, back in fog and rain....

best

Rod

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Thank you for the slideshow journey through the FEGA show, Rod! Your photos are the next best thing to being there. The Canon G12 should be the official FEGA show camera!

And I hope you're feeling better. You must be if you played a gig!

~Sam

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Rod,

While I appreciate that you're making your pictures an annual tradition for us, I must respectfully suggest you drop the 'hurting yourself at FEGA' part.

Ed Westerly

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks, Rod. Once I figured out what to do, it was easy!:cool: Hope things are still going well for you since you left FEGA in such an unusual manner. :eek::( All the best

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks, Bruce,

I saw my own Neurologist today in Santa Rosa, as I had a previous appointment. He looked over all my Reno results, and told me to beat it and come back in six months, so that feels hopeful!

Good Pacific sunset just now in Mendocino, how is it with you?

best

Rod

Lee

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I do hope there will be a safety net under the high wire. Great to hear you are doing well. It is not the same without you.

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Lee,

Stunning work from you as ever at the Reno show, I wish my photos caught the reality of your bulino work, but I fell short.

I was so looking forward to swapping a few guitar licks with your son, Cameron, but my little drama scene intervened, apologies..

Can't remember if I even talked about your son's first name and my last name? Anyway Cameron is Gaelic and in english means 'wry nose, or crooked nose' I get back a little dignity by noting my first name, Roderick, means 'famed ruler', and all know that Griffiths is a mighty name. Well, yesterday I was looking over the doctor's shoulder as he went through the CD recording of last sunday's MRI scan taken in Reno. It was a fascinating tour, as he virtually sliced up my brain like salami, every 5mm, in three dimensions, concluding that all looked well. Then he exclained, "But wait, Rod, look at the inside of your nose, the breathing ducts inside are crooked, usually they are straight!" Well I'll be darned!

He added that crooked internal nose ducts were not a health hazard.

Rod

Last edited:

Ed Westerly

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Rod,

Loved the crooked nose story! :biggrin: I just laughed and laughed :clapping: things are great in southern california, where every prospect pleases and only man is vile!:eek:

Martin Strolz

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks lot for uploading all these pictures for us, Rod! Looking at your web album is the only possibility for me to get a little taste of the show. Thanks again!
It was only yesterday when I learned that I was honored with the Editors Award for my article about scrimshaw! I must say that I am very pleased and flattered about this. I now wait quite hard for the new issue of THE ENGRAVER to read a thorough report and learn all the news in detail about the 2012 show and FEGA.
Best wishes to all!
Martin

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thank you, Martin!

I am missing your good company. Looking at today's weather in Europe, the Alps could have lots of snow, and freezing temperatures, so if your are not gliding in the air over the glaciers, perhaps the ski slopes will be good?

I hope to get to Europe this year...

best

Rod

Martin Strolz

Elite Cafe Member
Rod, yes it is pretty cold at the moment. In case you plan to visit Austria too, please let me know. I would love to show you around in town or other places of interest. For you I would even unlock the doors of the engraving school during my holidays!
Martin

Latest posts

Sponsors