screw cancer

Louisklein

One of my dearest Friends moms just died from cancer and this was her gun I’m doing my best to make it solid for my buddy any suggestions/criticism/comment please do

Attachments

• 33A07E86-D06C-4A39-9469-D10B0B16C77C.jpeg
    33A07E86-D06C-4A39-9469-D10B0B16C77C.jpeg
    111.8 KB · Views: 124

Louisklein

One of my dearest Friends moms just died from cancer and this was her gun I’m doing my best to make it solid for my buddy any suggestions/criticism/comment please do
sorry for foul language

gcleaker

Elite Cafe Member
My spouses mother just passed last month; she had lived with us for the last 15 months, so we were able to take care of her in a loving comfortable setting. My father is now fighting liver cancer that is inoperable. I agree with F*** Cancer. I will never know how someone else feels but I sure can understand how they feel.:confused:

Mike Bissell

Elite Cafe Member
I'm slightly confused. Do you want some comments on the gun, "design possibility's", or are you venting some outrage against something we have little control of? If it's about the gun then I have no picture to go by.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Did you read the rules about foul language? If not, please do so. I edited your post as opposed to banning you.

Louisklein

My spouses mother just passed last month; she had lived with us for the last 15 months, so we were able to take care of her in a loving comfortable setting. My father is now fighting liver cancer that is inoperable. I agree with F*** Cancer. I will never know how someone else feels but I sure can understand how they feel.:confused:
Did you read the rules about foul language? If not, please do so. I edited your post as opposed to banning you.
sorry about that won’t happen again

papart1

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
My dear friend Joe.......two houses up 5 weeks after lung diagnosis, GONE last Sunday. we fished alot. RIP Mr. Joe

Bismuth

Seeing that pistol makes me think that it has been engraved by a "raw diamond". You can cut and obviosly you are enthusiastic about it. You have the courage it takes.

But there are things you need to do to become the real gem and unleash your full potential. First thing: study and practice design. Then practice, practice, practice to make your cutting consistent.

It is always a good idea to post a sketch or drawing if you want constructive critique and improvement ideas. Since the piece has been already cut there is nothing to be done anymore in that sense.

My personal opinion is that you would benefit the most by taking two steps back and grabbing a pencil and start drawing. Cut through the most basic practice plates. Doing this you will learn to cut consistent and achieve repeatable results. I know that this is something you probably did not want to be told. But it is a mandatory step to become a good engraver. And most of us have been told the same at the beginning of our journey. It stings a bit, but once you face the facts the learning starts.

papart1

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
I think you didn't stripe the finish..........no, yes? why not please?

Louisklein

I’m not done very much still a work In progress I stripped the finish on the slide which is only half done at the moment and will to the lower when the time comes