Shading challenge

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Thanks for participating, Steve. I agree...I prefer the letter S myself. Looks like you got some serious depth.

Zernike: I'm teaching a class this week...maybe next week I can do the C. Your layout of the letter A is excellent! / Sam

Steve Weckel

Shonn,
There are some examples of the floral embellished alphabet in J.M. Bergling's book "Art Monograms & Lettering".
I don't know where you can find a copy, but GRS has it in their book section. Also Sam gives some tips on how to do your own design in Tips and Tricks I think.
Steve Weckel

vanknife

Elite Cafe Member
My effort towards the Shading Challenge

Yes rather late than never, The small pictures is almost life like the letter "C" is 25mm big the bigger picture is for detail and all comments welcome.

Thanks and enjoy the Weekend

"VAN"

Attachments

• Shading  C 25mm.jpg
    Shading C 25mm.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 92
  • 1_1.jpg
    1_1.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 127

russ

I’ve been experimenting with different engravers for shading – found one that felt comfortable and I thought this would be a good exercise to test it on. I did manage to get the C turned around this time.
Russ

Attachments

• shading challenge.jpg
    shading challenge.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 109

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Finally got a chance to do this last night.

I used a bit of copper left over from making a bracelet and didn't want to waste it so I turned it into a tag. No family members whose name starts with 'C' but the brother who has yet to get anything engraved has a dog named 'Clyde' so it's officially a dog tag. ;)

This was fun, and I obviously need the practice.

Thanks Sam! :)

Attachments

• ctagweb.jpg
    ctagweb.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 81