Silver stuff du jour

Weldon47

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Hey folks,

Haven't had a lot of time recently due to some serious family health issues (parents) but I was able to do a couple of bracelets. These are both 1" wide. The grapevine is for my wife with the theme being John 15:5 (I am the vine, you are the branches..). It is deep relief engraved and then sculpted. The grapes are left shiny and almost look like little diamonds.

The Indian is a little different and was done on spec. I used a casting of an Indian I carved in wax back in '88. I cast a few extra of these in silver just for such an occasion. It is soldered on and the balance of the bracelet is relief engraved with a couple of sculpted flourishes thrown in for good measure.

Hope you enjoy and wishing you all a belated Merry Christmas,

Weldon

Attachments

• Jn15-5.jpg
    Jn15-5.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 375
  • Indian 1.jpg
    Indian 1.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 334
  • Indian 2.jpg
    Indian 2.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 377

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
weldon: if you keep this up, i might as well throw away my bracelet former. if only i could afford your fee ! such work is a joy to look at !

Weldon47

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks guys!
Tim, I made a punch that stamps a cross-hatch pattern. I used it to get what you refer to as the "burlap" effect after I relieved and leveled the background. I thought it made an interesting texture too!

Weldon

maryw

TAYLORS, SC (BETWEEN GREENVILLE & SPARTANBURG
Weldon - your bracelets are absolutely beautiful!! If I had the funds, I would definitely have you make me one with the vine. I use a vine as sort of my signature when I do the engraving events in department stores. It also stands for John 15:5. Really means a lot to me.

The burlap effect is also really nice!!

Mary W

Andrew Biggs

Hey Weldon
I don't know which is better......your engraving or your guitar playing :D

Man, they're beautiful bracelets. Just fantastic.

Sorry to hear about the parents health issues.....that's a bummer....we worry as much about them as they get older as they worried about us as kids.

Best of the season to you and your family

Andrew

Sandy

Elite Cafe Member
Weldon,
To show how ignorant I am, Do you engrave then form the bracelet or form then engrave? Hope all is well with your parents. Have a good new year.

Sandy

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
All three are great looking Weldon. Must have taken a long time doing the backround removal in the first one. I also liked the texture you achieved with the punch.

Hope your family's health issues improve quickly.

Peter

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Weldon,
You seem to have inspired many an engraver to do these bracelets!
They are just awesome!
Wishing you the best with your parents.

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
Weldon, thanks for showing us some more of your beautiful artwork.
My sincere wishes for a return to good health for your Mum and Dad.
A happy and healthy New Year to you and yours.

John B.

Tim Wells

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks guys!
Tim, I made a punch that stamps a cross-hatch pattern. I used it to get what you refer to as the "burlap" effect after I relieved and leveled the background. I thought it made an interesting texture too!

Weldon

What I like most about that background is that it is't made of perfectly spaced lines like a punch made with a checkering file. The cross hatching is more random and has a canvas, linen, or burlap look and that really appealed to me. It's different; in fact I've never seen it anywhere before. You'd better get a patent on that before I use it.:D

Latest posts

Sponsors