So what did you look like back then????

Barry Lee Hands

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Ok, its about 1982 or so.

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
This is a most revealing thread!

I found these old slides from 1958, when I was 21, and on the Greenland ice and tundra, apparently impersonating Conan O'Brien. Amazing how the color stays good on old Kodachrome film.

Roger, here is evidence that I have actually had a gun in my hands!

Not very effective if a polar bear came knocking on the tent door. The shot gun was not really needed, as the smaller animals .... fox, hare, etc., would walk up and hang out, 'disarming' you with their openness.... they had not see human animals before!

Rod

Attachments

• Untitled-12.jpg
    Untitled-12.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 61
  • Untbitled-2.jpg
    Untbitled-2.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 61
  • Untitled-2.jpg
    Untitled-2.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 63
  • Untitled-10.jpg
    Untitled-10.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 59
  • Untitled-6_2.jpg
    Untitled-6_2.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 56

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thank you Jim, sure I am.
Regarding the glasses, that Ray-Ban’s were my favourites for a long time.
By the way, I was visiting friends in Victoria, Canada, in 1990 for a month. You have a wonderful Country and it is place that I must to visit again.
One of the thing that I always remember is the Steam Clock in Vancouver; an amazing and beautiful steam machine. I am attaching a picture of that. Also a photograph of Victoria at night. It is not a postcard, I shot it from the marine area resting on a fence.
Cheers, Leonardo.

Leonardo,

I lived for about two years just behind the Parliament building with its electric lights .... some of those old, carbon-filament light bulbs have never been replaced since about 1910 .... they glow at a lower temperature, so do not burn out, like tungsten bulbs. I also used to play gigs a few feet away from that steam clock in Gastown in Vancouver

I used to run a department of high altitude and satellite photography, yet I would kayak to work in the morning!

Small world!

best

Rod

Last edited:

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
easter.jpg pheasanthunt.jpg

me at about 5 1/2 yrs with my brother & little sister (i'm in the middle wearing the snappy shirt with the red racing stripes) and about 20 in 1980 with my dad & brother- i don't know what they were so serious about, obviously the hunting was ok. i guess my brother had calmed down a bit since Easter of 1966. (and i have no idea why the file mgr always posts pics in the reverse order in which i uploaded them...)

[admin edit] just drag the image thumbnails to rearrange as you like :) [mrm edit] thanx!

Last edited:

Willem Parel

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Ooohhh Mitch the first picture is very cute, the way you all standing there makes me smile.
Thanks for showing, nice thread anyway!!
Willem

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Barry, Is that a "snortin" Norton you are tearing around on?

Mitch, Were you kids singing when the picture was taken? Does your whole family hunt with A5 Brownings?

Roger

Ed Westerly

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
O.K., Andrew you asked for it! Don't close your eyes! It will only hurt while you look at it, but I do not promise your dream life will not be effected.

Be aware, this was 1976, the Bicentenial year, so we wore red, white and blue. I wanted orange and blue, the colors of the gas company. I was a teenager, what can I say???
Bruce grad 76.jpg

diandwill

Elite Cafe Member
Here's me at 9 months, with my Dad, 1949, and me again last year...messy bench, as usual.

My first bike was a Norton Atlas. Sectioned and blue-printed by the Norton dealer, then drag raced for 3 years before I got it. Turned the 1/4 in 11.6, 145mph. My first bike, and my last bike. I survived it in 1971. Loved it!!

Attachments

• Will the Jeweler.jpg
    Will the Jeweler.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 35
  • baby will.jpg
    baby will.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
IMG_7370-sm.jpg

I think this is the earliest photo of me engraving. Probably 1980. I'm engraving a .45 auto slide on my reloading bench.

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
"Mitch, Were you kids singing when the picture was taken? Does your whole family hunt with A5 Brownings?"

Actually, Roger, my brother is holding our Dad's Browning and I'm not sure whose gun I've got. it's definitely not one of my, or my brother's, 'slush-pump' Rem 870s. maybe it belongs to whoever took the picture (probably Tom, my old college roommate. this shot was taken near his home in SW Kansas). and nobody in the family has the slightest idea what we were doing in that Easter pic...

Leonardo

Elite Cafe Member
I love this thread too Sam!

Rod,
Yes... small World! Some of us have been lucky enough to know and stay in few places around it and Victoria is an unforgettable one.

I want to share one more photo: I am the 3th from the left, with mom and brothers waaaay long ago in our country house in Argentina. :)

Attachments

• F1.jpg
    F1.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 35

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I love this thread too Sam!

Rod,
Yes... small World! Some of us have been lucky enough to know and stay in few places around it and Victoria is an unforgettable one.

I want to share one more photo: I am the 3th from the left, with mom and brothers waaaay long ago in our country house in Argentina. :)

Small world, indeed, Leonardo!

I am just sending information and parts to Buenos Aires to assist in getting some good baroque flutes made in Argentina, by Argentinians for Argentinians, a country of excellent music and great craftspeople, but so far from the museums of Europe, where all the original 18th century flutes are. So I want to assist mi compadres to have good information, and hopefully some interaction via Skype.

best

Rod

Last edited:

Latest posts

Sponsors