Strange e-mail

Thierry Duguet

Elite Cafe Member
Hello,

I did receive the following email

I AM A HUGE FAN OF YOUR WORK AND RECENTLY I WAS DIAGNOSED WITH CANCER. COULD YOU PLEASE IF YOU CAN SEND ME A SMALL PIECE OF YOUR WORK SO IT CAN BRIGHTEN UP MY ROOM IN TRYING TO FIGHT THIS AWFUL DISEASE. IT WOULD REALLY CHEER ME UP!

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE,

Before to reply to the email I was wondering if anyone else I receive that same email and if it was for the sender a way to get something for free (I know I might be overly suspicious but....).

Ray Cover

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Ya, I'm with Tim on that one.

IT would be one thing if you knew the guy and had a connection with him......but a stranger out of the blue?????

Sounds like one of those "President so and so just died, can I have your bank account number so I can shelter his vast fortune?" kind of emails.

Ray

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
I received the same email yesterday and deleted it after reading it. I can't help but be suspicious of someone asking for freebies. / ~Sam

Eddi

Elite Cafe Member
I was fighting canser myself last year and things like this were the last thing on my mind. I think its probably something like those nigerian e-mails I keep getting.

Eddi

Sam

Staff member
I just did a google search and someone on an oil painting forum received the same email. Apparently this person is a "huge fan" of a lot of people's work.

Steve Adams

Elite Cafe Member
Seems there is always someone wanting something for nothing. I've been guilty of giving away my share of money, time and work when the cause was right, but age has started to make me more suspicious. There is still a weak spot in my heart for people in need, however expierience has taught me at least half the people with their hand out ought to keep their hands in their own pockets. Cynical yes, but that is today's society. Try to disregard the false and please retain your compassion. Your talents can help and brighten a life when the time is right and the cause is truly real. As for the email, I've not had that one, but have had others like it. Although you can't be 100% sure the email is without merit ( okay maybe you can, but lets say 99.9999% ), your instinct can overrule any thought of sending something. There has been a number of cancer cases in my family and with friends unfortunately, and I have yet to see the patient make a request like this. It is not unusual though for a close friend or family member to give special gifts of encouragement, or seek help in doing so.

Abigail

Administrator
It is becoming very apparent to me that the person sending this strange email is targeting only very handsome men. :D Am I the only one that has made that connection?
BWAHAHAHA
Abigail

Lee

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
So it's self explanatory why I have never received this email.

Thierry Duguet

Elite Cafe Member
I received the same email yesterday and deleted it after reading it. I can't help but be suspicious of someone asking for freebies. / ~Sam

Thanks Sam, I just wanted to be sure. I just hate to let my own prejudice toward that type of request dictate what I shall do.

pilkguns

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Barry,
check your e-mail.

I was'nt feeling so well myself this afternoon, and I know if you sent me something you engraved i would start to cheer up.

Sam

Staff member
Me too...I have a headache and would much better if people sent me engraved items.

jlseymour

Elite Cafe Member
You-All, Ya'll, or maybe All of you...

Post your Adderss and you will be suprised how much ?????? will be sent to you...
Just Do It!!! And See...
I might even send something...
HaHaHa
JL Seymour

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
i'm thinkin the finest work i've seen on the forum to date might brighten somones' wallet; you'd have to get damn close to the piece for it to brighten your room ! just a thought.

monk

Staff member
while we are at it, i want that new $14,000 vise what's his name is selling.

monk

Staff member
i'm thinkin the finest work i've seen on the forum to date might brighten somones' wallet, not an entire room ! you'd have to get damn close to the piece for it to brighten your room ! just a thought.

Andrew Biggs

Actually, I'm a lot easier to please................

I just got my credit card bill today and I'm feeling a bit depressed so if you would like to brighten my day could you all just send me money :)

Cheers
Andrew