Wow.. Check out the Lone Ranger's gun!

Bob A

Elite Cafe Member
From the Washington Post: This undated photo provided by the Buffalo Bill Center of the West in Cody, Wyo., shows the Colt .45 single-action revolver used by actor John Hart in the original “The Lone Rangerâ€￾ television series, which ran from 1952-1954. The museum has acquired the pistol made famous by the masked hero of television from more than 60 years ago. The revolver is now on display at the Buffalo Bill Center of the West, in Cody. Hart used several firearms over his acting career, but this gun is special. It features ivory grips and intricate engraving. (AP Photo/Buffalo Bill Center of the West)

I wonder who did the work???

Attachments

• ac089545a2aaae10520f6a706700416b_s640x371.jpg
    ac089545a2aaae10520f6a706700416b_s640x371.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 365

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
For those who remember the Lone Ranger, this is a hilarious and true story about him!

[video]http://youtu.be/KFabfnfhIaY[/video]

DakotaDocMartin

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
The REAL Lone Ranger

As far as I'm concerned, Clayton Moore was the real Lone Ranger and always will be. I have his book I Was That Masked Man. I mailed it off to him to get it autographed and his family returned it months later as he had died right after I mailed it. He died December 28, 1999.

John Hart (December 13, 1917 – September 20, 2009) was an American motion picture and television actor, born in Los Angeles, California. In his early career, he appeared mostly in Westerns. Although he played mostly minor roles in some fairly well known films, he was probably best known for having replaced Clayton Moore in 1952 for one season of the television series, The Lone Ranger when Moore ostensibly demanded a higher salary.

Last edited:

scott99

Elite Cafe Member
Clayton Moore was and as far as I am concerned still the only Lone Ranger. He kept himself in shape and the "big wigs" still took his mask, sad very sad. The "new guys" never met the high mark he set.

scott99

Phil Coggan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
As is mentioned there was only one Lone Ranger, I didn't know the Clayton Moore had died!

I saw the latest Lone Ranger film the other day, fantastic effects, apart from that, what a load of c**p!

Phil

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
I meet Clayton Moore in New York city at a nostalgia show in 1980,also remember lisening to the Long Ranger on the radio in the 1940's Brace Beamer was the voice of the Long Ranger. J.J.

DakotaDocMartin

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I saw the latest Lone Ranger film the other day, fantastic effects, apart from that, what a load of c**p!

You can say that again! I shut it off in the middle. Luckily, it was a Netflix rental and I didn't waste money on it in the theater. But, I'll never get that 45 minutes back again. It was one of the all time worst movies I've ever seen in my life. I wish we had public floggings sometimes. The Director and Producers could use one :)

Andrew Biggs

The Lone Ranger is dead!!!............Man, there goes another childhood memory. That's up there with my sister telling me that Father Christmas wasn't real.

The latest movie was just awful. What Hollywood hack decided to make the Lone Ranger a dumbass hand wringing wimp and Tonto a drunken pirate from the caribbean. Some things are sacred and messing with the Lone Ranger is just not on. What's next? Turning Rin Tin Tin into a Cocker Spaniel.............Just writing this is giving me an attack of the vapours!! :)

Cheers
Andrew

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I don't think Father Christmas is dead!

Attachments

• Moody Bill4616 (1024x683).jpg
    Moody Bill4616 (1024x683).jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 89

Latest posts

Sponsors