Announcement: Diffused LED ring light - New release.

Leonardo

Elite Cafe Member
Hi all!

The old thread about this illuminator has more than 14,000 views! Awesome!
I think that this shows how concerned are you all engravers about the quality of the light needed for so detailed kind of work and I want to THANK YOU all for your interest in my development.

I finished the modifications for this release which were to move the push button from the power supply box to the front of the lamp and also to make the power supply box just a little smaller and in plastic instead of aluminum. I change the box because I was not able to find one made in aluminum here in Argentina. Anyway, it is a good quality box made in ABS. The wire that links the ring light with the power supply is fixed now, it is also more flexible and has a length of two meters. With this new length you will be able to arrange it better in your microscope arm/support and put the power supply in a place that do not bother you all the time.

Some time ago a person told me "what is different about this ring light that makes it worth ~3x the price of an XXXX ring light?"
Well, I must tell you that I am not trying to compete with any other brand. I just made my best effort to produce a ring light that solve all the problem that the others may have.
My illuminator has and unique optical design that diffuse the light evenly without producing any bright spot. It is constructed entirely in aluminum and only the best materials and components are used.
I really would have liked to be able to produce this ring light cheaper to make it available to a wider range of budgets but, unfortunately, high technology, high quality materials and specialized workmanship are expensive.
If I find a way in a future to obtain the same or even better performance at a lower price I will release a new model and will let you know about it but, by now I was not able to do so.

I am attaching some pictures of the current model.
Please let me know by PM if you are interested in buying one because I am assembling this units just on demand.

All the very best to you all!
Leonardo

DLI-W2-F1.jpg

DLI-W2-F2.jpg

DLI-W2-F3.jpg

Last edited:

Leonardo

Elite Cafe Member
Hey Mike! Thank you so much for your kind words!
Silvia say hi and send a big hug to you both. Only great memories comes from that time.
Kindest regards!

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
leonardo: it's an old, old story. if you want quality, it's worth the extra money. buying junk brings an immediate price reward. but long term, better to buy quality the first time.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
I have had one of Leonardo's lights for a few years now, and it's absolutely excellent in every regard. Superb craftsmanship and it illuminates beautifully without harsh glare typical of many LED lights.

Goldjockey

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Leonardo.

Would you be kind enough to post a link through which the lights are purchasable?

Are these made in Argentina, and if so are there any special instructions regarding import to the US?

Thank you,

Michael

Leonardo

Elite Cafe Member
I have had one of Leonardo's lights for a few years now, and it's absolutely excellent in every regard. Superb craftsmanship and it illuminates beautifully without harsh glare typical of many LED lights.

Sam, thank you very much for your comments on the ring light. Really much appreciated!!
I am glad that my illuminator is casting some smooth light on your beautiful work of art! :)

Kind regards to you and Abigail.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sam

Leonardo

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Michael,

There is no site to purchase the ring light. I send them directly to the buyers using some of the couriers available (UPS, FedEx, etc.)
I am producing these products here, in Argentina, and there are not special instructions to import them to USA, at least on my side.

Finally I must add that currently, unfortunately, I am not producing anything nor my providers because of the strict restrictions imposed by the government regarding the covid-19 pandemic.

I will be glad to continue with the production of the ring lights when things will be back to the normal state... although I think that the world will not be the same in the future anyway.

Best regards,
Leonardo

Leonardo

Elite Cafe Member
Leonardo,
Sorry to hear that the Corona virus has cut into your production of the light rings.

John, this virus cut into everything, but nothing last forever...
I am working at home as many people all around the world. Problem is with my services providers (anodizing, painting, turning, etc.)
Government is liberating some activities step by step but watching the contagious account. As soon as these numbers grow they may step back on new restrictions.
This strategies is working for us so we must to be patients and wait.
Take care of you and your family!

Brian Hochstrat

Elite Cafe Member
I have been using one of Leonardos lights since 2016 and what I really appreciate, in addition to the lighting, is that the mounting hole is large enough to slip fully up to the body of my scope. The stock light that comes with the Leica won't attach up next to the scope body once you affix a reducing lens, the hole is too small, so it hangs down lower and reduces work clearance. Leonardos light slides right up next to the scope body and gives additional clearance, which is really a benefit. Plus it is metal so if I accidentally hit the housing with my hammer it's not too detrimental.

Leonardo

Elite Cafe Member
I have been using one of Leonardos lights since 2016 and what I really appreciate, in addition to the lighting, is that the mounting hole is large enough to slip fully up to the body of my scope. The stock light that comes with the Leica won't attach up next to the scope body once you affix a reducing lens, the hole is too small, so it hangs down lower and reduces work clearance. Leonardos light slides right up next to the scope body and gives additional clearance, which is really a benefit. Plus it is metal so if I accidentally hit the housing with my hammer it's not too detrimental.

Hi Brian!
Thank you so much for your feedback. It was very nice to hear from you and to know that the ring light is servicing you well.

As for your final comment I am thinking to add to the ring light specifications that it is "hammer proof" !! :) Just kidding!

All the very best to you and yours!
Leonardo

Last edited:

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
Hi Brian!
Thank you so much for your feedback. I was very nice to hear from you and to know that the ring light is servicing you well.

As for your final comment I am thinking to add to the ring light specifications that it is "hammer proof" !! :) Just kidding!

All the very best to you and yours!
Leonardo
obviously you have not seen me wielding a hammer. for me, leonardo, i'd have to add armor plating just to be safe. i'm thinking of aquiring one of your lights, but will have to measure the od of my objective. will get back to you later concerning this.

Latest posts

Sponsors