Marius Mellebye - EngraverHand Designs and Artwork

EngraverHand

Elite Cafe Member
Hi all :) Some of my engraving and designs, some for study, some for practice and some ideas for actual engraving projects.. :)

So this first one is an idea and a study for an actual knife I have that will be engraved.. not sure if this is the final, but started sketching. :)

B-Knife.JPG

This one started as a design for a knife.. but I was not too happy with it, but I didnt want it to go to waste, so I finished more or less in a different way.. :)

Marble.JPG

And this one is a design for a knife I´m working on at the moment.. :)

Jaguar-Knife.JPG

EngraverHand

Elite Cafe Member
This is a knife I engraved a couple of years back.. it was my very first real gold inlay with 24k gold.. The knife itself was nothing special, but a good experience and a gift for my father.. :)

It has as you can see different design on each side.. as it was beside a gift for my father, a good practice piece for me.. :) The Stainless steel was really crap and thin.. but happy with the end result at the time :)

FK.jpg FK2.jpg

EngraverHand

Elite Cafe Member
beautiful engraving sir
many thanks! :)

Here is the dial that I engraved for the same watch. The dial was 0.8 mm thin, so it was a bit scary.. and even more scary, it was before I had a proper vise, so it was wiggling like crazy.. I really cant understand I could do it like that.. but worked well in the end. :)

I´ll post a video of the process at the bottom if anyone interested. I think it´s quite long and probably a little boring, but.. :)

IMG_0739.jpg

EngraverHand

Elite Cafe Member
I´m working on my first titanium pendant. I believe it´s grade 2 and titanium is totally new to me. I was always a little afraid to try and turned down many jobs with titanium because I didn´t have any experience with it.. Anyway, this grade 2 cuts really well and is quite enjoyable to work with. At least I´m having fun with it.

I´m using the M48 gravers and no tip breaks as I was "afraid" of.. so far :) EngraverHand - Titanium Pendant.jpg

EngraverHand

Elite Cafe Member
Very very nice Marius. Do you use a universal 116 deg faceangle when cutting/shading?

Jørn-Ove
Yes I use the 116 for almost everything, including this. This one has a little more steep face.. I dont know exactly the degrees, but I guess around 50+ for a little more strong tip. :) I use the bead setter, but the same 116 Universal template :)

EngraverHand

Elite Cafe Member
Scary.. I usually engrave stainless steel, then I did a titanium pendant and then jumping back to this gold ring.. Starting with the monogram on the face but still have to remove the background and add a little shading.. Phew, I totally forget to breathe.. :) It scratches just looking at it.. Happy so far, but it´s quite small, for me like a pinky finger ring. :)

Photo not edited except a little blur on the edges.. but had to use a kind of flat light.. :)

Monogram Gold Ring.jpg

EngraverHand

Elite Cafe Member
Yesterday I finally got the time to put my signature on the titanium pendant I recently engraved.. so I can say it’s officially done and off it goes to the USA again.

I also had a little fun making a new soundtrack for this video, so if anyone wants to see the process of the engraving and listen to the music, there is a YouTube video

Hope you like it!

pendant 2.jpg

Latest posts

Sponsors