Engrave-In Fun Day, Monday after Blade

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I won't be able to make it there. Do you think I would have mentioned this if I was going to attend??? Heck, I'm afraid of name tags!!!

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Scott,
I tried to print the maps but they seem to be HUGE...just got one small portion from the printer?

Suggestions welcomed.

Thanks,
Peter

pilkguns

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Peter, I have no idea, they were scanned from a 8.5x11 piece of paper. I just opened them up in Photoshop to check and they show as 7.5 x10 inches for image size.

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks Donald/Scott,
Once I saved the maps they printed fine. don't know why printing directly from the link resulted in the large size.

Peter

pilkguns

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
UNFORTUNATE LEGAL ANNOUCEMENT

After some last minute thoughts and checking, it seems our insurance does not cover an event of this sort. No, I'm not going to cancel the event.

But I propose we make a trade. I will trade you (the attendee) one piece of paper, namely a hand lettered name tag, perhaps done by the lovely and talented Abigail Alfano, for another piece of paper, namely the below written legalese, accompanied by your name and signature. One per adult please. We will have them printed out to sign when you get your name badge. Sorry to have to ask this.
Scott

I recognize that this is private property and I am invited as a guest. I understand that much of the property is unimproved and in a natural state. I understand that some of the activities offered have inherent risk and could cause harm or danger to myself or others. Such as activities could be but not limited to: engraving, shooting, hiking, horseback riding and outdoor cooking.

I understand I am responsible for my personal safety and well being at all times and any minor children in my care. I agree to hold harmless Scott and Rhonda Pilkington, and/or Pilkington Competition Equipment, LLC for any accident or injury that may occur during my visit.

Printed Name : _____________________________________

Signature: _________________________________Date:________________

Names of minor children:

lesholmes

Elite Cafe Member
I will happily agree to sign the document.

I find it a real disapointment that such a release is now necessary. Around 1956 my family invited 35 to 55 adult men to hunt deer on the family land several times a year. It was assumed that they each were in charge of his own destiny.

I really believe that accepting an invitation should be assumed to be accepting the (possible) results thereof.

Les

Wow...what is the world coming to when you have to have friends sign a release to come to your party...?? ;) Guess I'd better start patting down those pre-schoolers when they come over to play with my son... HEHEHE We'll see you there!! :D

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
If I twist my ankle I'll settle out of court for some barbeque chicken.

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Would someone PLEASE post some pictures of this event? I know I'll be missing a great affair and will want to see it so I will know what I'm crying about!

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Here's a shot from the 2006 Engrave-In.